[mythtv] FFmpeg, GCC out of registers

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Wed Nov 5 03:13:57 UTC 2008

> it should be already there for darwin, see configure line 2186

Only for static builds, and my cut/pasted compile flags didn't
consider that (by default, Myth=shared, FFmpeg=static).

Of course, the flag is Apple only, and not meant for dynamic libs:
% man gcc
-mdynamic-no-pic
     On Darwin and Mac OS X systems, compile code so that it is not
     relocatable, but that its external references are relocatable.
     The resulting code is suitable for applications, but not shared
     libraries.

but building libavcodec*.dylib with it does seem to
cause no harm, and give working MMX acceleration.

At the moment, these hacks are _only_ needed for libavcodec,
so I think passing an extra config var into its .pro file is
tidier than setting it in CFLAGS everywhere.

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"I haven't tested it
yet,           |