[mythtv] How to expire recordings

Mark Paulus mark.paulus at verizonbusiness.com
Wed Nov 5 18:05:44 UTC 2008

Soren Holstebroe wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have written an export script for transcoding shows (with possibility
> for automatic commercial removing) from the recording folder into the
> video folder.
> The idea is to be able to move movies or favorite shows away from the
> recordings folder and into the video-folder. I prefer the video gallery
> and human readable filenames for my movies.
> After a successful transcoding I would like to put the original
> recordings first in line for autoexpiration. However, I can't find
> suitable documentation for the recorded* tables. I tried to set the
> "deletepending" flag to 1, but it didn't seem to have the desired
> effect. What I will do now is to set "recorded.recpriority" very low
> (like -50 or maybe a more dynamic "SELECT MIN(recpriority) FROM
> recorded"), but isn't there a better practice of marking recordings for
> expiration?

Couldn't you take a "snapshot" of the rows in question before a file is
marked as autoexpired.  Then, go into the GUI or mythweb, mark the show
as autoexpired, and look at the row again, to see what changed?
Perhaps you could look at some of the mythweb php scripts to see how
they manipulate the autoexpired flag?   There's probably a myth
api/protocol to do just that....