[mythtv] MythWeb RPC

Hadley Rich hads at nice.net.nz
Fri Nov 14 21:25:23 UTC 2008

On Saturday 15 November 2008 04:39:09 Chris Everest wrote:
> I think I already know the answer to this question, but does anyone know if
> MythWeb provides and XML-RPC interface?  I am assuming that's a NO, but I
> wanted to pose the question anyway.
>
> And secondly, would it be far outreaching to add that sort of support to
> mythweb?  Would it be better to develop the interface completely outside of
> mythweb?

You could use the Python bindings. The following simple script exposes all the
functions in the MythTV class. The Python bindings aren't complete but it's
pretty trivial to add things.

#!/usr/bin/python

from SimpleXMLRPCServer import SimpleXMLRPCServer
from MythTV import MythTV

server = SimpleXMLRPCServer(('localhost', 8080))
server.register_introspection_functions()

server.register_instance(MythTV())

server.serve_forever()

hads
--
http://nicegear.co.nz
New Zealands Open Source Hardware Supplier