[mythtv] I can't configure Hauppauge HD-PVR in mythtv-setup. help. . .

ryan patterson ryan.goat at gmail.com
Sun Nov 16 00:39:20 UTC 2008

I made an extra mythtv back/frontend system so that I could try out the
HD-PVR.  I compiled and install the driver no problem.  I can run 'cat
/dev/video0 > test.ts' and the recording plays back great.

I grabed the SVN trunk source for mythtv and compiled and installed it.  But
when I go into mythtv-setup I can't find the correct capture card type.  The
instructions Ii am following (
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_HD-PVR ) say the card type
should be named: "H.264 Encoder Card (HD-PVR)".  But I don't see that in the
list.

help please what am I missing?