[mythtv] Fwd: patch to increase mythmusic scanning output verbosity?

David Backeberg dbackeberg at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 01:16:48 UTC 2008

I don't subscribe to the users list, and this isn't really a dev question...

You may have noticed that the
mythbackend
command comes with a -v flag, which means verbose, and which can be
made quite verbose. No recompile required.
You may have noticed that sound files are just like any other file.
They have permissions, folders, directories, etc. If the scanner can't
get to them for any reason, like the mythtv daemon user doesn't have
read permissions on the mp3s owned by a different user, it can't scan
them.
You may have also noticed that the mp3 m3u tags get parsed by the scanner.
You may have also noticed that mythtv works with a backend MySQL database.
You may have also noticed that mythtv comes with all of its source code.

I'm not sure what kind of response you were expecting from the users
list, and there's a good chance this is the only answer you're going
to get from this list.

You can double-check your permissions.
If you want to know what's in the m3u tags of your mp3s, you can use
an mp3 player, mplayer, etc. to look at those.
If you want to know what's in your database, you can connect to your
database with many methods documented in books and websites about
mysql. Perhaps you'll like phpmyadmin. You might also want to read up
about how to enable heavy debugging on the database, to watch the
database read/writes.
If you want more verbose output, you can review the source code,
adding comments where you want them, recompile, etc.

When you figure it out, go back and update your thread on myth-users, okay?