[mythtv] Mythweather Question

Bill Stewart wstewart at hgrace.com
Mon Nov 24 05:23:26 UTC 2008

What is intent of the weather-screens.xml file?  It seems that I can not override it with a file in my own theme.   Why does it need to restrict screens to specific sets of variables?  (units are applied according to the screen in weatherScreen.cpp, but I have submitted a patch which generalizes this #5903)

I prefer to define a screen that combines the current conditions and 3 day information.  Also I have some variables that are not provided by the standard weather scripts.

With 0.21-fixes I was able to define an abritary screen with pretty much whatever I wanted on it.  With trunk, I can not do this without modifying weather-screens.xml.

I would like to see the theme have a little more control on what is displayed, but I'm not quite sure what to propose at this point.