[mythtv] No sound from DVD after Ubuntu 8.04 upgrade

straurig at comcast.net straurig at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 17:10:10 UTC 2008

Sorry to bug the dev-list with this. Any suggestions on how to debug would be most appreciated.

DVD playback results in no audio. internal player, 0.22 build 16578, Ubuntu
8.04.

It ran fine in Ubuntu 7.10.

The internal player plays the video just fine, accesses DVD menus just fine, all
controls work OK, just no audio.

Live TV and recorded TV work OK both video and audio. Playback from ISO files also works.

DVDs play fine in Totem or Mplayer.

I did have to make a new mount point for the DVD drive after the upgrade. It was /dev/hdb in 7.10. In 8.10 that was gone so I created /media/hdb and changed it in mythfrontend setup. Again it finds the DVD, menus run and video is good, just no audio.

Thanks,

Scott