[mythtv] What other people tell me about CC...

Dean Harding dean.harding at dload.com.au
Wed Oct 22 02:27:42 UTC 2008

> > Maybe not everyone needs these options.  It sounds like some people
> > just want to watch TV.
>
> This case is already covered:
>
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Menu_theme_development_guide#Speci
> al_Actions
> EXECTV xawtv -f -device %s -dspdev %s -vbidev %s
>
> Use that instead of the default LiveTV and you're "just watching TV"
> and your channel changing will be faster.

But don't forget, that's going to screw up your scheduled recordings. Myth
won't be able to use that device and so any recordings that were scheduled
to run on that tuner will fail while you're watching TV. Perhaps you could
dedicate a tuner just to live TV and use that instead... but then you'd have
one less tuner for recording stuff.

Dean.