[mythtv] Windows packager using MD5

buzz davidbuzz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 02:46:17 UTC 2008

The earlier code was previously just testing size and byte length, and was
getting un-stuck on files that were essentially identical in content except
for the SVN revision number being different.

The files should already be forced to identical mtime/s as it's only really
the SVN number/s inside the file that wanted comparing anyway, so testing on
byte-size was not accurate enough.    Adding the MD5, makes the "test"
accurate, but of course, there's probably a better way of doing it that
doesn't involve "touch", "cat" , shell commands, and MD5 tests, as all I was
really wanting the code to do was compare two numbers ( SVN revisions).

So, is there an easier way to to get an SVN revision number into perl than
running 'svn info' and searching for it in the output?   Anyone know if
there is a SVN::API or some-such perl module?

Buzz.