[mythtv] Database schema checker

Otto Kolsi otto at kolsi.fi
Wed Sep 3 12:01:56 UTC 2008

Rob Smith wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:20 AM, Otto Kolsi <otto at kolsi.fi> wrote:
>> Another issue I noticed is that MythWeb is not able to delete recordings
>> which do not have corresponding file. MythFrontend pops an extra
>> confirmation and is able to remove this kind of recording.
>>
>> Not sure if this is a defect in MythWeb or belong to category 'feature
>> request without a patch'.
>
> Seems to work for myself. I'll play with it more and see if I can duplicate...

If I remember correctly, it was like this:

- recording had no file
- recording was deleted (in Deleted recgroup), button in MythWeb was
"Delete Forever"
- both FE and MythWeb issue (myth protocol?) command to delete recording
- in both cases backend logs that it cannot find the file and refuses to
delete file
- MythWeb gives up, while FE pops an extra question and does something
more -> recording is deleted
--
   Otto