[mythtv] FFmpeg sync

Janne Grunau janne-mythtv at grunau.be
Wed Sep 17 18:32:54 UTC 2008

On Wednesday 17 September 2008 18:48:31 John P Poet wrote:

> I installed this patch last night.  Tried watching about a dozen
> different shows, all with AC3.  Some where ATSC OTA, and some where
> from the HD-PVR.  I had zero problems.  S/PDIF pass-through worked
> fine, as well as timestretch.

Good to know.

 I remembered two issues in the patch. Some AC3 streams doesn't play
correctly anymore. It's reproduceable with ffmpeg, and I've already
identified the commit.

the H.264 loop filter causes reliable crashes for interlaced streams.
This is unfortunately not reproduceable in ffmpeg. A fix/workaround
exist but I'm not sure if it is correct.

Janne