[mythtv] Proposed work on MythVideo - Re-tool video-manager forlarge libraries, Add the concept of a 'series'

Xavier Hervy xavier.hervy at bluebottle.com
Thu Sep 18 22:43:38 UTC 2008

Andreas wrote:

> The infrastructure in the database is there to support multiple categories
> for each video: the table videogenre holds an index of all genres, and
> videometadatagenre hasa  row for the video id and a row for the category
> (genre) id. AFAIK, multiple categories / tagging is not supported in the
> GUI, though.

categories and genres are to different things in the database. One video
can belong to one category but more than one genres (unless some change
mythvideo since I wrote this feature).

When I did it, I had in mind to make the difference between trailer,
movie, serie, .... using category while genre hold hmmm .... the genres :)
Xavier