[mythtv] New Protocol Development

Colin Guthrie mythtv at colin.guthr.ie
Thu Sep 25 13:16:53 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> I tend to agree with this as well only as I think it might simplify 3rd
> party development by eliminating the requirement for a SQL client.  It
> hasn't been much of a goal/priority for Issac given the future
> possibility of a different SQLish database for MythTV so I understand
> the lack of forward progress there.

I thought (again vague memories) the plan was to use mysql embedded?
FWIW, Amarok2 has recent switched to this and while currently MySQL does
not support the libmysqld in 5.0 it is provided and does work with that
version. Officially it will be supported in 5.1 and Monty has also
stated that they will look at providing a shared version of libmysqld
(currently only a static version is provided for speed purposes and this
has caused a little annoyance by the security team in my distro who
don't want to have to issue updates fro amarok should there be a problem
in mysql! (which I can't help but agree with!)).

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
myth(at)colin.guthr.ie