[mythtv] New Protocol Development

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 14:56:09 UTC 2008

On Sun, Sep 28, 2008 at 4:52 AM, Marc Randolph <mrand at pobox.com> wrote:
> The current Mythweb appears to refetch/reload the entire page on each
> mouse click, which isn't the best thing to do from an interactivity
> standpoint.  Example: go to upcoming page when you have a number of
> pages of number of upcoming recordings.  Click "Don't record" on one.
> Sometimes it takes a considerable period of time to (haven't yet tried
> to figure out why it takes so long - but this is on a 2.2 GHz C2D, so
> I don't think its cpu utilization).

LIkely you're hitting the delay added intentionally to reduce the
number of bug reports. The scheduler takes between 15 and 30 seconds
on my core2duo box. When you click don't record, we actually sleep a
bit as if we return before the scheduler finishes running, your button
press doesn't look like it did anything. That's not a good thing.

> Anyone aware of something like that being worked on by anyone?

The slow over-haul is heading in that direction (see current video module).

Patches are always welcome.

~Rob