[mythtv] Trouble compiling mythtv on the moblin distro

Ajay Sharma ajayrockrock at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 19:51:52 UTC 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Daniel Kristjansson <danielk at cuymedia.net>wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-06 at 01:24 -0700, Ajay Sharma wrote:
> > I have an Intel Mobo/CPU (D945GCLF2) and I'm trying to build myth on the
> moblin distro (moblin.org).  It's that distribution that boots in 5
> seconds, it's based on Fedora and is geared towards Intel Atom processors.
>  I think it'd make for a great frontend so I'm playing with it.
>
> > In file included from videoout_xv.cpp:58:
> > /usr/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: At global scope:
> > /usr/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h:106: error: expected ‘;’ before
> > ‘*’ token
> > /usr/include/X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h:127: error: expected ‘;’ before
> > ‘*’ token
>
> This is not a MythTV file it's an X11 extension, you should pursue this
> with the moblin folks. As a rule if you run into any trouble running an
> alpha release of a Linux distro you should ask for help there first. :)

I contacted the moblin dev list and this is what one guy said:

"Looks like INT32 isn't defined, which is defined by Xmd.h.
Perhaps the codebase isn't ported to a modern Xorg implementation?"

Sorry, I don't know much about Xorg development or what is entailed in
getting myth to work with a "modern Xorg implementation".  Do you think this
is something that has been fixed in the latest trunk?  I'm going to try to
compile that tonight and see if I can make any further progress on it.

Thanks,
Ajay