[mythtv] License

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 10:20:59 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/4/9 Robert Swain <robert.swain at gmail.com>:
> In conclusion, either the relevant parts of your software would have to
> adhere to the GPL, or you cannot use MythTV. Quite simple really and no need
> for inflammatory remarks.

I didn't see any inflammatory remarks from the original poster.
I did see inflammatory response from some posters here.

The OP came openly with a genuine question, the answers ranged from
people doubting their honesty, assuming their intention was to rip off
and go against the GPL to people directly accusing them...

It's obvious he doesn't want to breach the GPL, otherwise he wouldn't
have asked here in the first place.

I'm quite ashamed by the overall response provided here.

Especially, when I'm sure most of the people who answered here didn't
ever contribute to the mythtv project ...