[mythtv] mythbackend stops responding with HDPVR

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Thu Apr 16 22:28:18 UTC 2009

On 04/16/2009 05:19 PM, P S wrote:
> I received an HDPVR as a gift

> It seems now is a good time to start experimenting with Trunk.

> Everything seems to go fine
> I come back in a few hours to see that mythweb will not respond.
> I would like to issue a bug report, but, I'm not sure where to start
> troubleshooting this issue, here is the backend log with standard
> verbosity.  I can supply a more verbose log, but I'm not sure which
> verbosity options to use.  There are no errors within the kern.log.

Please start by asking other users on the -users list for help
configuring your system.  If, during that discussion, you identify an
actual bug (versus what could just as easily be a configuration issue),
then please feel free to bring that bug forward on Trac (or ask
questions here about reporting that bug on Trac).

I don't know what's causing the problem for you, but what I can say is
that--to the extent that the HD-PVR recordings work in the currently
unfinished-support-for-HD-PVR MythTV trunk--there are many users who are
successfully using the HD-PVR in Myth.

Thanks,
Mike