[mythtv] Paid for Plugin dev?

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Fri Apr 17 16:48:05 UTC 2009

* On Thu Apr 16, 2009 at 11:53:38PM -0700, Erich Nachbar wrote:
> I have an idea for a plugin that I would pay the development costs for,
> which of course would be opensourced.
>
> I'm not sure if these kinds of requests are acceptable, so please let me
> know if this is inappropriate.

No problems with it that I know of.  Several features in Myth have been
added for 'bounties'.  You should probably mention what you're looking
for so that interested parties could respond, then you could discuss $$
with them privately.  Keep in mind that the people willing and able to
do the work aren't going to do it for an insulting $$/hour rate.  I
think the concensus is people would rather work on things that interest
them for free rather than earning the equivalent of $5-10 an hour for
a feature they are not interested in.

All that being said, let us know what your idea is and you might find
someone interested or maybe even better someone who has already had the
same idea and started working on something or at least thinking about
it.

--
Chris