[mythtv] Paid for Plugin dev?

Erich Nachbar mythtv at nachbar.biz
Fri Apr 17 17:14:20 UTC 2009

Chris,

Thanks for your reply!

Whenever I talk to my Tivo friends they rave about its recommendation
service and with MythTV cutting out the commercials (love this feature!) I
feel that sometimes it is hard to know what interesting stuff is coming out.

My background is highly scalable web apps & distributed computing and I have
computed recommendations in the past, so I can take care of the backend-side
of things fairly quickly.

However I would need someone who is writing a plugin that would allow people
to interact with the system and to provide their activity stream to me, so I
can compute recommendations based on what similar people have watched.

I looked at the desired feature list and it seemed like something people are
looking for. So if there is interest, I can pull some more requirements,
wireframes together for the bidding process.