[mythtv] Paid for Plugin dev?

K Stanton stantonx at comcast.net
Sun Apr 19 13:48:46 UTC 2009

Erich Nachbar wrote:
> Ideally recommendations are based on as much data as possible including:
> - largest possible user base to find the best match (like you already mentioned)
> - as much user input as possible (user's current scheduled shows,
> watched shows, show ratings, deleted schedules, deleted shows, kept
> shows, etc.)

I think discussion of this architectural foundation is necessary while
discussing the scope of the idea.  To clarify my initial post - and to
be mindful of keeping chatter down in the dev list - the value of this
feature would be greatly (exponentially?) increased by harvesting
behavior by _user_ on a given machine.  Using the composite information
by _machine_ it would look like the same "user" likes "Clifford the Big
Red Dog", "My Secret Life as an American Teenager", and "Law and
Order".  Information like that would give bogus recommendations to
others.  In order for accurate _user_ behavior to be harvested, the User
feature in mythtv would have to be implemented first.  I'm just trying
to help avoid missing a big opportunity.