[mythtv] missing entries in the freesat huffman tables

David Waring david.waring at rd.bbc.co.uk
Thu Apr 23 11:04:34 UTC 2009

Simon Kenyon wrote:
> Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-04-22 at 11:30 +0100, Simon Kenyon wrote:
>>

>>> - it claims to be faster
>>> - it claims to be complete and from my running of it is
>>> - it uses two external files which contain the tables
>>>
>>> i can create a patch which adds the new implementation; that is not
>>> very difficult at all
>>> in doing so, should i try to remove the requirement for the separate
>>> files or is that acceptable?
>>>

>> If it has complete dvb eit huffman tables that's great. Please
>> internalize the tables, it shouldn't be hard with a little bit
>> of sed processing.
>>
>> -- Daniel

> i'm trying to
> but i cannot get the initialisers to compile.
>
> struct fsattab {
>    unsigned int value;
>    short bits;
>    char next;
> };
>
> struct fsattab *tables[2][256] = {

If you're putting pointers to variable length arrays in the 2D array,
then you need to declare each variable array separately first. Then you
simply include the variable length array in your final array.

e.g.
static struct fsattab t_1[] = {
    {0x00000000, 2, 84}, {0x40000000, 3, 66}, {0x80000000, 1, 1}
};

static struct fsattab t_2[] = {
    {0x00000000, 1, 1}, {0x80000000, 1, 1}
};

static struct fsattab t_3[] = {
    {0x40000000, 3, 65}, {0x80000000, 3, 67}, {0x80000000, 1, 1}
};

struct fsattab *tables[2][256] = {
   {t_1, t_2, 0},
   {t_3, 0}
};

--
David Waring, Software Engineer, BBC Future Media & Technology
Kingswood Warren, Tadworth, Surrey, KT20 6NP