[mythtv] Programme icons

Andreas Benneke ab at beansoft.de
Mon Apr 27 23:24:06 UTC 2009

Hi,

I've recently setup my MythTV and am still exploring the amazing
possibilities... :-)

As a subsriber to the xmltv-data from epgdata.com I saw, that they are
providing icons for the programs as well (not to mix with the channel
icons). And now I would love to see those nice eye candy images in
mythweb, etc.. as well... ;-)

I figured, that the xmltv format already allows optional <icon>s for
each <programme>, but I could not find any matching fields in my
mythconverg database. Am I missing anything?

Is mythfilldatabase doing anything with the <icon> information of a
<programme>? I could not find anything looking into the source...?

If this information is ignored so far, are there any ideas how to get
the icon information into the database?

Thanks in advance.

Andy