[mythtv] libmyth windows CD handler (so far only a proof of concept)

Jonathan Martens jonathan at snetram.nl
Fri Aug 7 17:15:36 UTC 2009

Hello all,

since I have finally been able to compile MyTHMusic on windows (with a
few hacks) I am now able to access the array of functions to access the
optical drives.... Yihaa!

Therefore I have started on writing a MythCDROMWindows class and have
had some success using DeviceIOControl [1], which is supported through
MinGW's w32api files (ddk/nddchgr.h).

I can now eject and possibly also load the tray (the latter I can not
test as I have a laptop CD/DVD drive that has no motor, but is spring
loaded).

Until now I have hardcoded my drivePath to the CD drive I am using.
Since I do not know any way of retrieving the drivePath for a device
from a subclass of MythCDROM (which in turn is a child of
MythMediaDevice) I turn to you. It seems the getDrivePath() method is in
the MythMediaDevice class but I have no clue how to gat access to that
from MythCDROMWindows. Can some of the dev's or more experienced MythTV
developers help me with this?

I have noticed that in the other (linux based) MythCDROM* classes the
variable m_DeviceHandler is used. Is there any method to retrieve the
drivePath using that variable as a starting point?

Kind regards,

Jonathan

[1] <http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa363216%28VS.85%29.aspx>