[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21156 - in trunk/mythtv by cpinkham

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Sat Aug 8 06:38:06 UTC 2009

* On Sat Aug 08, 2009 at 06:25:11AM +0000, mythtv at cvs.mythtv.org wrote:
> Log:
>
> Since we can now write files remotely, add a way to delete them.
>
> This is useful for the MythVideo image support, but could also be used
> to allow managing/deleting videos.  Parts of this patch will also be used
> as part of the recordedfile multiple-files-per-recording patch I am
> working on.

To provide a little more info on this....

Usage is RemoteFile::DeleteFile("myth://IP/filename");  This is a static
method, you do not need to instantiate a RemoteFile to use DeleteFile,
that is handled internally.

For the protocol, the added command is "DELETE_FILE filename".

The Delete honors the DeletesFollowLinks and TruncateDeletesSlowly
settings.  The truncate is spun off into another thread on the backend
after the delete status is returned to the user.

--
Chris