[mythtv] MythVideo oddness with r21297

BP lists at qucae.com
Sun Aug 16 07:04:00 UTC 2009

Robert McNamara wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 15, 2009 at 10:26 PM, BP<lists at qucae.com> wrote:
>

> Browse modes are not on by default (There's no way for them to be, the
> DB value is brand new and the default value is Folder mode).

Are you sure of this?  I just started an updated frontend for the first
time, did not do anything with it and the database now has this for
settings on that host:

mythvideo.db_group_view = 1
mythvideo.db_group_type = 5

As with my first frontend, mythvideo was in the new browse mode and
organized by cast.  I assume group_view should have defaulted to 0?

What does this line in videodlg.cpp do?>  m_isGroupList =
gContext->GetNumSetting("mythvideo.db_group_view", 1);

This is the code in > http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/21238

Without looking up GetNumSetting, it would appear that browse mode is
enabled by default if the value does not  exist.  I exited the frontend,
removed the above two settings from the db (after disabling browse mode
and having group_view=0) and started the front end.  Once again, it
reset to browse by cast.

I saw your recent commit 21300 "Make sure users randomly paging through
settings pages don't inadvertently set non-default value for metadata
browse." and thought you might have believed I was randomly going
through settings.  I did not even look at the settings until I saw that
commit message so I could see what settings might be affecting this.