[mythtv] Feature Freeze

Stephen Backway stev391 at exemail.com.au
Mon Aug 24 10:18:19 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-08-21 at 11:01 -0400, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
> Hey everyone, we're doing two feature freezes this time around:
>   August 24th, most things will be frozen for bug fixes only.
>     With these exceptions: channel scanner, windows porting,
>                            schedule editor ui, db upgrade prompting,
>                            existing mythweb patches. *
>   September 7th, bug fixes only.
>
> Isaac can of course override these dates if necessary. If you have
> any ready to go feature tickets in trac, now is a good time to make
> sure the patches are up to date and ready to test & apply.
>
> I'm hoping we can do the final release before October, but of
> course that depends on how quickly we can fix the remaining bugs.
>
> * Many of us have been holding back on major changes already to
> stabilize things after the MythUI and Qt4 ports. But these dates
> will freeze out the small improvements too.
>
> -- Daniel

Can I beg that Bluray subtitles gets into the next version of MythTV,
latest patch attached to this ticket:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/6748

I have got the sign-off from most of the FFmpeg guys, the last one will
hopefully sign off this week and commit it.

I have been using this code for over a month now and no issues (apart
from caveats in ticket) have occured.

Thanks,
Stephen