[mythtv] LiveTV http Stream

René Bühlmann buehlmann at gmx.ch
Mon Aug 24 23:09:41 UTC 2009

Hi all,

the attached Patch is the second part to enable LiveTV streaming through
http. It adds an extension to the http server within mythbackend and
enables it to stream TV.

I only tried it with mplayer. To stream livetv, you have to play this
http://[backend-address]:6544/livetv/[channel-num]

eg.:
mplayer http://127.0.0.01:6544/livetv/1

If available, the stream uses the recording profile called "Stream TV".
With the live tanscoder patch, this profile can be setup such that the
stream gets transcoded to a different format (and soon also a different
resolution).

I would love to see these features in 0.22 but I'm not able to provide a
more finished patch for today. I would improve it during the bugfix
phase. As these patches don't introduce too much change to existing
code, it would be easy to revert them any time.

Do you think it's possible to take this into the 0.22 release?

thx
René