[mythtv] mythvideo list view oddities

Robert McNamara robert.mcnamara at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 17:02:02 UTC 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:59 AM, David Asher<asherml at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 27, 2009, at 12:20 PM, Robert McNamara wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:06 AM, David Asher<asherml at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm running trunk r21507 and finally got around to rescanning my videos
>>> and
>>> bringing in new metadata.
>>> There are two problems I'm noticing with mythvideo in list view.
>>> 1. when I grab the metadata for a TV show from the popup menu, it works,
>>> and
>>> the button name changes to the subtitle.  However, when i move to another
>>> button it reverts to the filename.  the metadata is still all there in
>>> the
>>> display.  This is using Graphite.  At a minimum the button should stay
>>> the
>>> same.  Is there a setting for what text shows up on the button?
>>> The videos/coverart/etc are not accessed with storage groups, but with
>>> local
>>> NFS mounts.
>>
>> What happens when you leave mythvideo and re-enter after a long count
>> of five?  Suspect the correct button item now displays persistently.
>
> Not 100% sure, but I thought it stayed incorrect.  I'll double-check
> tonight.
>
> Is subtitle the correct button item?  Or is there a setting to decide?

It's pretty unlikely it'll stay incorrect but I suppose they wouldn't
be bugs if they made sense.

No, there is no setting to decide how list view is built.  It'll
ultimately be themeable but currently List View items are built
according to the following logic:

$TITLE $SEASONx$EPISODE - $SUBTITLE

else

$TITLE - $SUBTITLE