[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r21563 by nigel

Nigel Pearson nigel at ind.tansu.com.au
Fri Aug 28 23:39:46 UTC 2009

>> Prompt for schema upgrades, to give users more testing flexibility.
>> (e.g. new frontend non-destructively against old backend)
>>
> i know this is a feature request without a patch
> but i would code it up if it was considered worthy of inclusion

Thanks for the offer, though I suspect that
the current database backups are enough?

> euby on rails has a concept of db migrations
> the difference between what they do and what we do is that you can

I'm not a database theory expert, but from memory
there were some situations that it is impossible,
or very difficult, to rollback from?

--
Nigel Pearson, nigel at ind.tansu.com.au|"Look at this!             |
Telstra Net. Eng., Sydney, Australia | Do you think I put this in|