[mythtv] MythPhone - any ongoing activities on this?

Stephen Boddy stephen.boddy at btinternet.com
Wed Dec 2 21:12:35 UTC 2009

On Wed, 2009-12-02 at 19:31 +0100, Blazej Lewcio wrote:
> I see. I wanted to check the current situation, and let the people
> know about the intention ...
>
> Starting with audio only is intended to keep things simple at the
> beginning.

Hi, being a bit cheeky here, but... Any chance you could look at the
possibility of using Telepathy instead of the other library? I'm not a
dev, so I may be misunderstanding how this ties together, but wouldn't
this simplify the plugin greatly (contact management handled elsewhere,
plugin just has to handle call make/receive). Also, as
MSN/Yahoo/GoogleTalk/Skype audio/video get implemented, so your plugin
would gain them. Both primary FLOSS desktops seem to be moving toward
this framework. This makes sense to me, but you would have much more
idea.

Cheers
Steve