[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 02:13:23 UTC 2009

Greetings,

I've created a patch to add a UI for streaming audio in MythMusic. Its
not ready for production, but it does work so I was hoping to get some
feedback.

Audio streams can be added from Utilities/Setup->Music Tools->Manage
Online Streams. This screen is very plain, but contains the basic UI for
managing streams. There is a button to add streams with and a list of
streams that can be modified by clicking on them.

The database box has been updated to add a node for online streams,
which are played in the music player.

For some example streams you can use
http://vorbis.nm.cbc.ca:80/cbcr1-toronto.ogg or
http://vorbis.nm.cbc.ca:80/cbcr2-toronto.ogg

A few other things to note are:

- This patch will update the music DB version from 1017 to 1018, so
backup if you care (it can be reverted in mysql with `update settings
set data="1017" where value="MusicDBSchemaVer";`).

- The max length of a stream URI is 512 characters. Just an arbitrary
number.

- Playlist based streams (m3u/asx) do not work yet. Primarily that is my
fault due to how streams are verified when they are added.  I'll be
fixing this if there is any interest in adding this feature.

- When I updated my mythplugins, a few files wouldn't compile due to
QMutexLocker problems.  This patch has the fix, but it has nothing to do
with the feature itself.

So, thanks for having a look! I'll be watching my email and will try to
appear on IRC in the near future (mfg2).

Cheers!
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel