[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 19:30:45 UTC 2009

On 09-12-20 08:15 AM, Frank Muenchow wrote:
> Micah F. Galizia schrieb:
>> This version plays streams that do not have a file extension. I had to
>> update the avfdecoder so that it actually tries to initialize the
>> stream instead of just checking the the file extension to determine if
>> the stream is supported. This doesn't seem to affect playback
>> performance on local files.
>>
>> Features still outstanding:
>> - M3U/ASF playlist support
>> - Getting metadata from the stream (where streams support it). The
>> stream mentioned above played with mplayer has station and song
>> information.
>>
>> Cheers!
>>
>> PS: if anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'd love to hear back!
>
> Hi,
>
> I just tried your patch and it compiles fine.
> But I'm not able to play my Internet stream, tested with:
> http://gffstream.ic.llnwd.net/stream/gffstream_stream_wdr_einslive_a
>
> When I try to add it to my playlist, it will add one mp3 song of my
> music which has actually the same song_id than my stream. Maybe the
> tables got mixed up?

Attached is an updated version of the previous patch that prevents song
IDs from overlapping with stream IDs. A special thanks to Frank
Muenchow, who was able to test and verify the fix on his end!

I am working on playlist (m3u/asx/pls) support right now, but to help
with testing, if anyone knows any multi-stream lists that start with a
brief advertisement (or that sort of thing) and then move onto the main
stream, please send me an email off the list with the link.

TIA!
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel