[mythtv] Streaming Audio In MythMusic

Micah F. Galizia micahgalizia at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 20:17:23 UTC 2009

On 09-12-28 02:36 PM, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
> On 09-12-28 02:26 PM, Daniel Kristjansson wrote:
>> On Mon, 2009-12-28 at 13:50 -0500, Micah F. Galizia wrote:
>>> This version has very simple support for PLS, ASX and M3U playlists. I
>>> still haven't been able to find any playlist style streams that start
>>> with an advertisement, so to keep things simple, I have made the
>>> assumption that the first stream we connect to in the playlist is going
>>> to be the radio stream, and all of the other entries are no longer
>>> needed. If anyone can produce a counter-example, I'd be glad to change
>>> this assumption.
>>
>> I don't if they use playlists for it, but the NPR channels in NYC
>> have two or three ads before they the stream starts.
>> http://www.wnyc.com
>> It would be unfortunate if MythMusic only played the ads. :)
>
> I agree. I was trying to find stations that did this, and FM 93.9's asx
> file is exactly what I needed.

On closer inspection, the ASX file does not work. It references an
advertisement at http://wnycwm.streamguys.com/bumpers/bumper.wma. The
problem is that what we get back from bumper.wma (you can see the result
using wget) is a redirection to another URI, which ffmpeg
(av_open_input_file) is unable to handle. However, this did expose a bug
to me, so its still a good test case.

As a side note, your particular public radio station plays just fine
using the PLS/MP3 stream. Regardless, I would still like to see a
workable playlist with advertisements as separate streams if anyone else
knows one (if not, I'm going to move on to metadata support).

TIA
--
Micah F. Galizia
micahgalizia at gmail.com

"The mark of an immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause,
while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for
one."   --W. Stekel