[mythtv] Setting screens ported to new MythUI

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Tue Dec 29 15:12:37 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-29 at 14:49 +0000, Stuart Morgan wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 Dec 2009 14:21:24 Simon Kenyon wrote:
> > Robert McNamara wrote:
> > > It's not that the porting necessarily stalled, but rather that there
> > > has been some discussion/pending decisions about how exactly the
> > > porting of settings screens should proceed.
> > i *was* wondering when that would dawn on people
> About 18 months ago.

Actually more like 5 years ago, that's when Isaac first told me about
this concern with MythUI. It was alleviated somewhat when he found a
way to mix MythUI and legacy screens, so long as no MythUI screens
appeared on top of legacy ones. We need layout managers like any GUI
toolkit, it's just a matter of someone with both the time and
inclination to get to it.

-- Daniel