[mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Tim Cadell tcadell at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 20:26:25 UTC 2009

I may be behind since I think I'm running an older version of Myth, but...

Better organization of music. Of course, these are categories, not always
open and showing children:
All Music
  All Albums
    The Beatles - The Beatles
      01 - Back In The USSR
      02 - Dear Prudence
    Best of Spike Jones - Spike Jones
      01 - All I Want For Christmas
    Cutting Their Own Groove - Big Daddy
      01 - Greatest Love Of All
      02 - Like a Virgin
    Heartbeat City - Cars
    Sgt Peppers - Big Daddy
    This is Spīnal Tap - Spīnal Tap
      01 - Christmas with the Devil
    Wizard of Oz - Soundtracks
  All Artists
    The Beatles
      The Beatles
        01 - Back In The USSR
        02 - Dear Prudence
    Big Daddy
      Cutting Their Own Groove
        01 - Greatest Love Of All
        02 - Like a Virgin
      Sgt Peppers
    Cars
      Heartbeat City
    Spike Jones
      Best of Spike Jones
    Spīnal Tap
      This is Spīnal Tap
  All Songs
      Back In The USSR - The Beatles - The Beatles
      Dear Prudence - The Beatles - The Beatles
      Greatest Love Of All - Big Daddy - Cutting Their Own Groove
      Like a Virgin - Big Daddy - Cutting Their Own Groove
      Christmas with the Devil - Spīnal Tap - This is Spīnal Tap

  Compilations
All Playlists
  Christmas
    All I Want For Christmas - Spike Jones
    Christmas with the Devil - Spīnal Tap
  Alex's List

BTW, I note that (in my MythMusic, at least), lower case "the" is not
recognized and removed before sorting, so "the Beatles" would show in the
'T's, not the 'B's.

--
Tim Cadell
The plural of anecdote is not fact

Vincent Van Gogh
If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means
paint, and that voice will be silenced.