[mythtv] Ideas for MythMusic rewrite

Christian Szpilfogel chrisznews4 at rogers.com
Wed Dec 30 22:03:16 UTC 2009

Stuart Morgan wrote:
>> My thoughts:
>> 1) I would love it if Myth Music could accurately read ID3 tags. My huge
>> library is fully tagged and works from all other players/organizers but
>> 0.21-fixes version of MM can't read many of them. I suspect it is the
>> ID3 version supported in MM but I haven't looked. ID3 is the best basis
>> for doing most UI manipulation after that.
>>

> It can read all version 1 and version 2 tags, it has no problem with any of
> the 3000 mp3 files in my collection nor the dozens of  samples I collected to
> test it when it was written. I'm going to have to suggest that your tags are
> in some way broken. However if you feel this isn't the case then you should
> raise the issue with the author of Taglib.

hmmm. ok. I will have to look into this a bit deeper then. I have over
60,000 tracks which have all been properly tagged (assisted with Jaikoz)
and are readable by every media player I have plus MediaMonkey and
Jinzora. So it is unlikely to be my tags but based on your confidence in
the reading of ID3 tags then perhaps there is an issue somewhere else in
the code or my environment. I have noticed the scan finishes too quickly
(ie. it only takes less than 5 minutes) so perhaps something else is
failing. It misses half of my genre and resorts to a directory path for
many files if it finds them at all.

If someone has seen this before then I would appreciate a pointer.
Otherwise is there a way to raise the debug info in MythMusic so I can
try and track this down?