[mythtv] Ongoing struggle of bug 4989

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Tue Feb 3 18:20:56 UTC 2009

Good evening everyone,

Some of us are still struggling with bug 4989:
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4989

I'm not sure what to do now, the bug has been closed because apparently
"it's a feature request".

I understand this is low priority, as it only affects a few people, but
to call it a feature request is nearly making fun of our situation

To recap the problem:

When multiple frontends are watching 2 channels on the same multiplex,
and one of the frontends wants to switch to another channel on another
multiplex, it won't be able to do so because the other frontend is
hogging the tuner.

It never checks "Could this tuner be part of a multirec card?", it
totally does not exist in the code.