[mythtv] Mythtv Bug 4989

Jelle De Loecker skerit at kipdola.com
Thu Feb 5 12:29:53 UTC 2009

Dear sir,

I'm sorry you thought it was necesary to lock bug 4989, I would like to
further explain:

I have not demanded anywhere somebody should do all the work for me.
(I think it speaks for itself that a dev has to be able to choose what
bug he wants to fix.)

I do not mind that they choose to ignore a bug because they're not able
to work on it, especially this one since it apparently concerns so few
users.

But closing the bug is more like saying "your problem does not exist"

When I look at my problem for a distance I can understand why this isn't
a REAL bug.
The code's not there, so it's a missing function.

But surely this can't be seen as a regular feature request?
When people read all about multirec they expect it to work everywhere in
MythTV, do they not?

I feel like, if there isn't an open bug for it, it will never get the
attention it deserves.
Adding it to the feature wishlist seems like a waste of time, it's more
like a neverending-pit for feature requests.

Anyway, if I made anyone think I'm *demanding* people to code for me, I
do apologize for that.
I just want recognition.

Greetings,
Jelle De Loecker