[mythtv] Category vs Genre

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Feb 8 02:58:37 UTC 2009

On 02/07/2009 09:52 PM, Jean-Yves Avenard wrote:
> 2009/2/8 Robert McNamara:
>> Indeed, with the removal of IMDB from trunk, and the addition of TMDB,
>> development should focus on that.
> Well, none of the imdb scripts have been removed from trunk. Which is
> what led me to start working on and improving the existing ones...
>
> If the aim is to get rid of IMDb, it would be better to remove those
> scripts from trunk...

Actually, imdb.pl /and/ imdbpy got removed from trunk (
http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19300 ).  However, imdbpy got put
back ( http://cvs.mythtv.org/trac/changeset/19315 ) because Anduin is
planning to make it available with instructions for how to use it
without violating the IMDb TOS (
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/dev/356963#356963 and
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/317352#317352 )

So, now, imdb.pl is completely gone (and will remain gone).  imdbpy is
going to be hard to use without violating the IMDb TOS.

Mike