[mythtv] scheduling, starttime accuracy

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Fri Feb 13 00:31:40 UTC 2009

David Engel wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 04:27:26PM +1100, Nigel Pearson wrote:
>> It seems that my recordings are often up to 3s offset with his
>> cutlist data. Looking at the recorded table, the starttime is

>> Proposals:
>>
>> 2) Add another column, like realstarttime. e.g. 8:30:02.874
>
> Ugly and required a new column in the DB, but might be the best
> option.

How about adding a frameoffset column indicating the number of frames after
the start time that the recording actually started (negative for a preroll or
start early)?  This would not be redundant info, and would give you the
granularity you need, unlike a time.

--
Peter Schachte              Even if I am a minority of one, truth is still
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        the truth.