[mythtv] Currently Watched Progress Bar

Graham Finlayson graham.finlayson at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:11:39 UTC 2009

For my own benefit, I wanted to know how far through watching each recording
I was. With the new Watch Recordings screen this becomes possible, so I have
the beginnings of an implementation, but I have a couple of questions

1) I calculate the current position in the recording from the ProgramInfo
bookmark, which is based on the number of frames that have been shown.
Currently, I divide by 25 to get the number of seconds. Can the frames per
second rate be different to 25, and if so is there an efficient way to get
this value?

2) I have only added the ability to have one progress bar per
MythUIButtonListItem, and have hardcoded the name "progressbar" for this. I
have been considering making this more generic, and allowing more that one
progress bar, but I can't think of a use case for this.

Graham