[mythtv] Adding automatic DVB-C/T scan using W-scan
John van Timmeren
zendhetmij at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 10:35:17 UTC 2009
For some time now i'm using W_scan to scan the cable for the channeldata
required in dtv_multiplex and channel tables. This because of the scanning
problem when providers are not following the DVB standard. II think this
sollution can help DVB-C/T users with the same problem and to simplify
scanning for DVB-C/T in general (when using w-scan there's no need for
initial transponder data).
A few questions about this:
1) Is it acceptable to add the W-scan source to the mythtv project. Its
under the terms of the GNU General Public License and written by Winfried
Koehler (i'll ask his permission of course). (dependency 1)
2) My current sollution is written in Python and not yet integrated. Is
python acceptable or do I need to rewrite it to C(++)?
3) I was thinking about adding an extra scanning option (e.g. automatic
DVB-C/T scan) and hanging the new scanning method under this, agreed?
4) Not yet familiar with the tuning part of myth, can someone bring me
up-to-speed on this? What files do I need to edit to add this extra tuning
5) Which tuning option and file(s) can I use as an example to follow the
current implementations, to get an idea about the existing methods (incl.
When ready i'll commit this as a patch, so others can shoot on it (not me I
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the mythtv-dev