[mythtv] FFmpeg sync comming

Jean-Yves Avenard jyavenard at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 00:39:43 UTC 2009

Hi

2009/7/7 Janne Grunau <janne-mythtv at grunau.be>:
> Hi,
>
> I just want to give a little advance warning that I'm going to commit
> FFmpeg sync in a couple of minutes.
>
> It's not extensively tested so a couple of minor things might be broken.
> Usual configurations on x86 and x86_64 should work though (including
> VDPAU and XvMC playback).

Here are some videos that do not play nicely anymore after the ffmpeg resync.

H264 files: plays too fast
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/h264-latmaac-vdpau_corruption.mpg

(there are some visual corruptions when using VDPAU, but there's a
known fix for those)

MPEG2: those two plays okay if you use libavformat/mpegts.c from ffmpeg trunk.
Recording after High Quality mythtranscode.
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/dodgyHDvideo.nuv

Plain recording mpeg2 1080i recording:
http://www.avenard.org/files/media/videotest/test-mpegts.mpg

All those recordings played fine with either 0.21-fixes or trunk prior
ffmpeg sync

Hope this help
Jean-Yves