[mythtv] Flowplayer in Mythweb

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Tue Jul 7 05:01:15 UTC 2009

I just committed some stuff to Mythweb that turns Flowplayer into the
default flash player for recordings.  I wanted to use Flowplayer before,
but its CC license prevented me from wanting to integrate it with a GPL
product like Mythweb.  Kormoc recently pointed out that they've moved to
a GPLv3 license, so I thought I'd see what it would take to get Mythweb
to use it.

Turns out that it was quite easy.  If you're into using experimental
features like the video player in Mythweb, please take a moment to check
it out and let me know how you think it performs compared to the
FLEX-based SWF player we were using before.

If you want to revert to the old behavior, just delete/rename the
flowplayer.swf file and Mythweb will default to the other player.

-Chris