[mythtv] BluRay Subtitles...

Daniel Kristjansson danielk at cuymedia.net
Thu Jul 23 15:12:28 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-07-23 at 07:23 -0700, Robert McNamara wrote:

>         Anyway the mpegts parser handled the language codes, so have a
>         look in
>         libavformat/mpegts.c to see how it handles it.  To get the
>         subtitles
>         going I didn't have to change anything relating to languages.
>
> Actually, the ffmepg mpeg TS demuxer doesn't currently successfully
> parse the audio language tags (they all show as unknown here) so I
> hope you might have some insight on where they might be found.  Myth
> does some auto-track detection by language so properly parsing the ISO
> language names would be really helpful.  No worries, thanks!

I have not been following changes in avlib as of late, but at least
last year the way we parsed the language code for atsc was by passing
the pmt from avlib to lib/mythtv/avformatdecoder.cpp. So my first guess
would be that an avlib merge broke this passing of pmt code, which is
not present upstream. avlib parses some language stuff for DVB, but
at least in the past they never supported the language descriptors used
outside of Europe.

-- Daniel