[mythtv] Why MythTV didn't handle the UK Freeview lineup change

Stuart Morgan stuart at tase.co.uk
Sun Jul 26 16:54:13 UTC 2009

On Sunday 26 Jul 2009 17:37:27 John Barberio wrote:
> The problem here is that on MythTV, a rescan didn't work.
>
> Deleting the channel, and doing a rescan didn't work.
>
> Deleting all the channels, and doing a rescan didn't work.
>
> The only way to get 'Virgin 1' and 'Virgin +1' in the right channels
> was to delete all channels, force a database sync by running
> mythfilldatabase from the command line, and then do a rescan.

See this is the problem, it just does not work that way. Mythfilldatabase has
nothing to do with scanning or 'database syncs' as you call it. You're
mistaken but won't accept that this is the case. Deleting channels would have
worked, it immediately removes the channels from the database.

I don't know how to explain the behaviour you report above but to suggest user
error.
--
Stuart Morgan