[mythtv] New MythTV interface announced!!

Rob Smith kormoc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 19:09:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 11:32 AM, Richard
Morton<richard.e.morton at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have just announced a project to build a complimentary frontend interface
> for MythTV.

First, your url is wrong, it's http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/MythTouchMote

Second, who is we? As you're not a part of the mythtv development team
and using we on this list in that fashion can come across as an
attempt to say the mythtv development team is announcing, which is not
the case.

Third, there's no information on the bounty, and nothing on what
happens to other people's money if they send it to you and the project
never happens. Until there's a bit of oversight, I would very strongly
recommend that no-one send you money.

Fourth, a bounty doesn't really entice people if they don't know how much it is.

Fifth, MythUI is partially touchscreen accessible already, work could
continue on the core app in that direction rather then forking off
another version.

Sixth, you haven't even addressed the issue that targeting certain
handheld devices, the recorded media might not work on the device
(hdpvr captures, etc). It seems like you keep making the assumption
that the media will be playable on the device, that's not a safe
assumption.

Seventh, why replace mythweb as part of your app? Just add a
json/xml/whatever template to mythweb and use the core objects there
rather then reinvent that piece again