[mythtv] New MythTV interface announced!!

Richard Morton richard.e.morton at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 17:37:30 UTC 2009

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your reply. We did consider being able to have the UI on the
touch device and on the main screen (especially program information and EPG)
but this gets difficult to integrate and we believe that this would need to
be a phase 2 deliverable. It is quite a large project to complete what we
are proposing but the benefits are substantial. We believe this would become
that standard method of control for many users - you can pick up an N800i
for under 100 on ebay.

LinuxMCE has something similar but LinuxMCE is far more than most people
want, need or could implement in their home (wiring and cost of home
automation & complexities of getting the software to simply work - I know I
have tried ;-).

The bounty is over GBP500 already from the small band of people who have
designed the solution to date.

This solution maybe chicken-egg until people see it they maynot realise they
need it. the existing MythMote is so simple that I dont use it, remotes have
buttons you can feel and so you can use the physical remote without looking
at the solution. With the existing MythMote you end up with your eyes
darting between Frontend-screen and handheld-screen... not a good look or
user interface. This solution would change that so you keep your eyes on the
tablet until you've started playback.

You mentioned that you'd like to contribute; which areas could you help the
project out?

Thanks and Regards

Richard