[mythtv] [mythtv-commits] mythtv commit: r20083 by cpinkham

Chris Pinkham cpinkham at bc2va.org
Tue Mar 3 01:19:12 UTC 2009

* On Mon Mar 02, 2009 at 08:11:50PM -0500, f-myth-users at media.mit.edu wrote:
>     > From: Chris Pinkham <cpinkham at bc2va.org>
>     > I decided to forget this.  I also did not do anything about sending
>     > to ports other than 32767.  I figured once I started down that slippery
>     > slope I'd never get back up. :)
>
> Well, perhaps, but I know of no mobo that -doesn't- work for packets
> to the broadcast, so two packets (one forward, one reversed) to the
> broadcast should cover 'em all... :)

The slippery slope is adding "WOL packet to reverse MAC", then adding
"WOL packet to port 9 instead of 32767", then adding.... (or worse more
settings to let the user do the same thing internally as they can do by
typing "wakelan -p 1234 -m REVERSE_MAC" in the setting)

> Oh well.  Maybe someone will at least notice this if they search
> gossamer for "why won't my slave wake up?" :)

First question to the user should be "does it work outside of Myth", the
same as we ask people who can't get their tuners working. :)

--
Chris