[mythtv] MythUIButtonList Behaviour

Graham Finlayson graham.finlayson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 11:22:13 UTC 2009

I am using the SVN version of metallurgy as my theme, with the changes to
use the new Watch Recordings screen based on MythUI. I was finding that the
page up/down functionality was not behaving as I would like. When I paged
down, the page down works, but the current selection was at the bottom of
the list, whereas I would prefer that it was the top of the list. I fiddled
with the code a little (set m_topPosition to be m_selPosition in the
MovePage case of MoveUp and MoveDown. However, this was still not quite
right for me, as when I was moving between selection within a page, and then
paging down, I was missing some items. I rectivied this by implementing the
following

case MovePage:
            m_selPosition = qMax(0, m_topPosition - (int)m_itemsVisible);
            m_topPosition = m_selPosition;
            break;

This now works as I like. However, it is not taking into consideration the
Layout (which it probably should) and it there may be some other screens
that work better when it is implemented the way that it was, so should I
introduce another XML element for this behavior, or am I being stupid, and I
can get this functionality using the current XML elements.

Graham